GuyR

Telecasters

Hi Guy, either drag and drop the image into the editor or put the correct 'img tags' around the pic - I'll edit it for you. 

I have a couple currently, a 2004 Fender Japan 62 Reissue and a heavily modified Fenix copy (photo is from about 10 years ago - I've replaced the bridge since then). In the past I owned a JD signature model and Francis Rossi Signature model (wish I hadn't sold that!).

I do have plans to build a Rick Parfitt replica as well.

Andy

DSCF4730.JPG

Frankenstein_Early2000s.jpg

Edited by backwater
  • Like 1

Just a standard Squier from me. I got it to go mad with modifying it but I've changed my mind so either nothing, or a refin to natural, depending on what the body wood looks like under the paint.

IMG_20190807_181648.jpg

• Like 1

I replaced the body on my CV again, as I fancied a more classic look and I’ve always been a sucker for a bound body.

5A297A9E-96B4-49DC-9F26-C11E3490E1BC.jpeg

• Like 2

On 22/02/2020 at 08:31, ezbass said:

I replaced the body on my CV again, as I fancied a more classic look and I’ve always been a sucker for a bound body.

5A297A9E-96B4-49DC-9F26-C11E3490E1BC.jpeg

How much of this is oiginal - just the neck? Looks great.  My current "wants list" has a 50s CV Tele on it because I want to rewire it as a Broadcaster. If I could manage another, I'd be consdering rewiring it as an Esquier. Always thought it a shame Squier don't do a Squier Esquier.

5 hours ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

How much of this is oiginal - just the neck? Looks great.  My current "wants list" has a 50s CV Tele on it because I want to rewire it as a Broadcaster. If I could manage another, I'd be consdering rewiring it as an Esquier. Always thought it a shame Squier don't do a Squier Esquier.

Neck, tuners, neck plate, scratchplate, control plate, knobs and pots. I still have the original pickups in a drawer, they were really not bad in the slightest, but the DiMarzios are a massive upgrade.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

If I could manage another, I'd be consdering rewiring it as an Esquier. Always thought it a shame Squier don't do a Squier Esquier.

Squier did an esquire earlier this year : https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/squier-ltd-edition-cv-50s-esquire-butterscotch-blonde

Gets good reviews - I thought about it but I've already got two telecasters set up as esquires.

Andy

• Thanks 1

On 28/08/2020 at 15:30, ezbass said:

Neck, tuners, neck plate, scratchplate, control plate, knobs and pots. I still have the original pickups in a drawer, they were really not bad in the slightest, but the DiMarzios are a massive upgrade.

Thanks, sounds cool.

Next time I change pickups on anything, I'm very tempted to go over to the GFS Kwik-plug system, give the option of switching between a couple of options.

On 29/08/2020 at 08:32, backwater said:

Squier did an esquire earlier this year : https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/squier-ltd-edition-cv-50s-esquire-butterscotch-blonde

Gets good reviews - I thought about it but I've already got two telecasters set up as esquires.

Andy

Oh! Lovely, but....

On 29/08/2020 at 09:54, leftybassman392 said:

Looks nice, but no lefties sadly. Ho hum...:/

Yeah, same issue for me. Ironically, thisl ooks like the same price as the CV50s Tele, so buying a used one of them and converting seems the closest option. I looked at the MIM version  a few years ago ,but same issue - no lefties.

Always seems a shame to me Fender don't make more of the Esquier. For a player looking forf something really stripped down, it's arguably evne more utilitarian than an LP Junior.