Why become a member? Read more... ×
John_P

Post your pedal board

20181010_143236.jpg

Just my luck for the photo to be at an odd angle.  Mine's pretty simple and set up about 80's sounds.  The Amptweaker Tight Rock is at the centre of it all.  The sidetrak channel goes into a Keeley Seeing Eye modded Boss DS1 (or sometimes a Joyo JF14 American Sound).  Before the Tight Rock is (in order) an Xotic Wah, Effectrode PC2 Compressor, Empress Parametric eq (which may go back to the bass board it came from).  The Tight Rock then goes into a Nux Chorus Core (featuring stereo tri-chorus) and then a Mooer Ocean Machine for reverb and dual delays.  I still have a Lexicon MPXG2 in storage which may replace some of it one day.  This board does everything I ask of it from funky chorussed, scratched clean chords in the 4th strat position to Highway To The Danger Zone type distortion.

• Like 1

No photos.... actually, I've never used a traditional pedalboard as such, just put the pedals I was using on the floor.... Collection includes: early Russian Big Muff (green one; still boxed in the wooden box they came in - I gather it's quite collectable now), Dunlop Phasor (blue box, early 90s RI), JD Cry Baby, a nice Boss-clone OD I found on eBay, Boss BF-3, Boss Tuner, Boss Power Source, Spark mini boost, one of those Chinese mini-Klones... maybe one or two others. Also my main amp is a Vox AD120vt with the VC12 pedal board, though I've never much used that as of yet.... As the years have worn on, nice as it is to have that variety of sounds available at home, if I were to get the chance to play out again, these days I'm much more into just a basic sound rather than using as many effects. When my flat is finished redecorating to the Higher Power's standards, I plan to set up the VC12 and all properly to still use at home, but I'm increasingly leaning towards the idea of getting myself just something like the AC version  of those Vox nutube heads, and a 2x12" cab, and adding just a few minipedals to a small board - boost, drive, reverb, trem, echo. Basic rockabilly/psychobilly sound. Tmpted by one of the Dunlop mini-FuzzFaces (the Hendrix model), though that's far more ac ase of "oh, shiny!" than having any actual use for it.  I'll throw up a photo of that when I get it together, I'm sure. Tempted to sell the rest of the pedals, as in reality the VC12 and the amp have some great effects should I want to play with those at home, but.... there's something sentimental about pedals for me. Maybe if ever, one day, a boxed Russian Green muff shoots up even further in value. For now, it has a lot of sentimental value as it was my first pedal and I put a lot of hours in chugging away with that plugged into a little 10watt 'Park Son of Marshall G10R', then a Fender Performer 1000 in my bedroom at my parents' place in Ireland in the early-mid 90s... but if it got to be worth enough that it could buy me that Player Strat in Tidepool, well, maybe.... ;)

Here's mine (in its current form). I only use it in the house for now as I'm still very much in the 'getting good' stage of guitar playing. 

IMG_3635.JPG

• Like 1

Not quite as it currently stands.. 

IMG_20180528_094818.thumb.jpg.d3c191ea05d01eed99e445370e1bf92f.jpg

The wireless on the right is gone, the Maxon Fuzz is now replaced by a Suhr Riot, and I've somehow squeezed in a Subdecay Octasynth and a Digitech CabDryVR. Oh and an ISP Decimator G string. I can route the input via the Fishman Aura or not depending on whether I plug in an acoustic in, but can use any of the fx either way, and have both an amp and DI output (and can loop an amp preamp into the o/d loop). Power brick underneath and a pedalsnake cable to and from whatever its plugged into. 

You should see my old board. Now that was even wider.