police squad

Newish Guitar day. VERY PINK

30 minutes ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

That's fun. The challenge with such a distinctive instrument is making it your own; going for such an atypical colour can, imo, help with that. 

Ha..! The way I play guitar, any guitar, it's instantly recognisable as 'my own', however 'distinctive' it may be..! Fat chance of being taken for Brian May, using a 'Red', still less Hendrix with a Strat, or Alvin Lee with a 335..! Quality will out, and those players have qualities that I do not. I stand out in any crowd of players; just maybe not for the right reasons..! :$

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Ha..! The way I play guitar, any guitar, it's instantly recognisable as 'my own', however 'distinctive' it may be..! Fat chance of being taken for Brian May, using a 'Red', still less Hendrix with a Strat, or Alvin Lee with a 335..! Quality will out, and those players have qualities that I do not. I stand out in any crowd of players; just maybe not for the right reasons..! :$

I know how you feel! I shied away from Hendrixing a Strat for years because those comparisons would..... not be flattering.... now for that very reason I'm tempted because there's no way anyone could accuse me of sounding like him. ;)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

I know how you feel! I shied away from Hendrixing a Strat for years because those comparisons would..... not be flattering.... now for that very reason I'm tempted because there's no way anyone could accuse me of sounding like him. ;)

I did the upside strat many years ago. Sounded great but upper fret access was terrible. Sold it to a lefty handed mate in 1990 and he still uses it now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2023 at 07:34, police squad said:

I did the upside strat many years ago. Sounded great but upper fret access was terrible. Sold it to a lefty handed mate in 1990 and he still uses it now

Works for me - I've never been much inclined to play above the 15th fret or so anyhow.... My very marked preference for a 21 fret over a 22 is purely aesthetic. :)