Why become a member? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
darkandrew

Straturday

Following on from and inspired by the "tele tuesday" thread, I thought I'd start a similar thread for Strats.

Now I know it's not Saturday but since this isn't strictly a Strat either, I thought I'd probably get away with it. So here's my Fender Showmaster. It was made in Korea (by Cort for Fender) about 10 - 15 years ago, and as far as I can make out is one of quite a limited run. I can't be 100% sure on some of these details, due to the lack of information out there but I think it has a solid basswood body, maple set-neck and a rosewood fretboard. The tuners are Fender branded locking tuners and the trem is a two point floating type with a brass block. The electrics are a single volume pot, a single tone pot and an Ibanez style 5-way pickup selector. The only mod it's had is to replace the stock pickups (USA made Fenders - not sure of the exact model) with Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats, which suit the guitar really well giving it equal amounts of bite, warmth and aggression. It was a bit of a pain finding the right pickups for this guitar as it has a very soft attack and naturally sucks up all the high and low frequencies. The Cold Sweat pickups, on the other hand, have a scooped frequency response and a fast attack which together address the guitar's weaknesses. All in all, I've grown to quite like this guitar over the years and use it whenever I want something a little bit more "metal".

Fender_Showmaster.jpg

Edited by darkandrew
  • Like 1

That's a cool looking guitar, really like the bound fret board. :)

Mine is a Strat free house at the moment, so I can't join in.

A blast from the past with my old Strat (long since moved on) that played brilliantly and sounded spot on, especially with the DiMarzio SDS 1 I fitted in the bridge. 

2003_0722_170238AA.jpg

• Like 1

It’s Saturday, so how about a 1954 Strat being used in anger? Probably my favourite guitar player (at least today 😉).

19 hours ago, dlloyd said:

Is this an "exclusively Fender Straturday"?

It's not even Saturday, knock yourself out.