Dunearn31

Oldie returning after 20 odd years away from playing

Hi, been lurking for a while . I recently purchased a used  VINTAGE ELECTRIC GUITAR V6HMBB along with a Marshall MG15FX amp . What are peoples thoughts on this set-up for home use . Also looking for some advice on what strings would compliment the guitar and amp set-up .

Thanks 

Just now, police squad said:

The Vintages are very good actually. I have 4 at the moment. Great value and good gigging guitars.

I've not tried the Marshall but I'm sure it's good to be getting on with for now

They do seem very well rated , the Marshall MG15 surprised me for it's size and it being a base model so to speak 

:crigon_04:

Thoughts on your set up? Seems fine, not too loud and a versatile guitar, should bang on for home use. Strings are a personal thing, it’s all a matter of what feels right for you. However. FWIW, I’ve long been a fan of D’Addario XL 10-46.

• Like 1

I've owned and played a few Vintage branded guitars and they've all been rather good, they tend to get a bit overlooked compared to Squier and epiphone but the les paul copy i had was an absolute peach (i only sold it as i needded to make room for another bass.)

I've played through some of the small Marshall amps as well and have always been impressed, this setup should sound excellent.

as for strings, i started out on 9's on a Fender scale guitar and went over to 10's soon after, i just found the 9's a bit to light. for Gibson scale instruments i sometimes go to 11's especially if i'm playing lead.

Matt

• Like 1