Fishfacefour

NGD - vintera Jaguar

Hi everyone,

Picked this up as a birthday present a few weeks back. Lots of family members chipped in so I was able to try out a few and go with what felt best. I had originally planned to get the sparkly squier version, but the vintera sounded better, felt better, and ultimately the gorgeous green colour won me over.

Having lived with it for a few weeks I'm really enjoying the shorter scale.  Managing to play stuff that I could never manage on a 25.5 scale.

I will get some heavier strings, possibly some flatwounds to see what that does to the sound.

The switching is great giving lots of tones and I love the tremolo. So responsive!

Anyway here's a quick pic

IMG_20220529_140734__01.jpg

IMG_20220529_140755__01.jpg

• Like 3

The pickups sound much fuller on this than the squiers, not surprisingly a more vintage sound. Definitely higher output though.

It's got the bright single coil flavour, good difference between the bridge and neck pickups. Lots of range with the tone control, tames the brightness nicely without turning in to mud. The switching is useful, the strangle switch is essentially a bass roll off and thins the sound out to fit around other parts of the mix - good for funk and reggae rhythm. Combine the switch with the tone and there's a massive range of sounds.

I'm still getting my head around the te rhythm circuit. Good for smoother darker jazz tones, it fills the low mids out but playing it after the other circuit always feels like a shock, but it's fine once your used to it.

It's got some twang but it's a different thing from a strat and Tele, maybe closer to a Tele? 

Highly recommended though. Still loving it two months in, haven't had a chance to play it with others though.

Edited by Fishfacefour
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1