LaupMcr

Best way to link a pedal board to my boss GT100

If you are just using the GT100 for amp simulation then I would think just having the pedal board going into the guitar input on the multi FX would be the best.

Although, being honest, if you need those pedals to go into the GT100, then I would think that you might need an alternative multi FX better suited to your needs, or maybe just a smaller standalone amp modeller so it could just be all on one pedalboard. The FX already on the GT should be the same or better than the behringer ones on your board, and already has a tuner so I don't see why it is needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaupMcr said:

Thanks, I have some decent (free) pedals coming my way, thats why I want to know how to link them to the GT.

That's no problem at all. As mentioned, most decent pedals have buffered outputs so shouldn't give any significant signal loss into the normal input if you want to use what you already have. Just plug in and play and experiment.

Personally I would just use the GT on it's own and use the excellent onboard effects, or sell it and buy a small amp simulator pedal (Sansamp type, TC Electronic do a series of different amp simulators, smaller multi FX if you wanted) and use your individual pedals. You would most likely end up with a little extra cash in your wallet and a more suitable setup. The GT seems like the unneccessary part of the chain. Boss seem to be releasing their own small format standalone amp and cab simulator pedal which would fit the bill nicely.