CeeCoz

Fender Player Plus Tele- Poor QC

I just bought a brand new Fender Player Plus Telecaster. I took the strings off to remove the lacquer from the frets and discovered an unsightly streak (see photos) on the maple fretboard. When I rub my finger over it it feels smooth and flush with the surrounding fretboard, so I reckon the streak was there before the lacquer was applied. Has anyone else encountered this with a new maple neck Fender?IMG20231216211343.thumb.jpg.511896aa9d8a997ccb1dcc6056f19d34.jpg

I agree, it's a natural figure in the wood. treat it as a 'signature'; if ever it's stolen, a dated photo of you holding it, proudly showing off this distinguishing feature, will help with its return. Move along now, please, you're blocking the pavement. There's no QC issue here. Move along -_- ... 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It just never occurred to me that they would use a piece of wood with a marking like that in it. I would have thought that they would want to keep their maple fretboards looking pretty clean and a piece like that would be rejected.

Edited by CeeCoz

17 minutes ago, CeeCoz said:

Thanks guys. It just never occurred to me that they would use a piece of wood with a marking like that in it. I would have thought that they would want to keep their maple fretboards looking pretty clean and a piece like that would be rejected.

Not at all; quite the opposite. The Illuminati know that that is where the 'mojo' lies. Marks like that are very sought after, and fetch a high premium. It looks like you've struck really lucky, there. B|

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CeeCoz said:

I had an original run, PRS McCarty, with a lovely flame, maple top that had some of those same streaks.

• Like 2