Itzcookieboy69

Does anyone know which string gauge do store bought guitars come with?

So i bought my guitar, the strings and the bridge height was perfect, then my string broke, i went to a place that sells strings, but they didn't have any 9s, soooo my dumbass bought 11s thinking they would sound kinda the same, and they didn't. They sounded like acoustics, plus i had to change the height of the bridge. Then i bought 9s, changed them and sound way better, BUT i had to lower the bridge, and i don't think i did a good job because the bridge height in the past was immaculate now the nwe one isn't really that perfect y'know, and i also don't have those special rulers or whatever.

Anyway if you know the answer that would be awsome, have a great day everyone :)

1 hour ago, Itzcookieboy69 said:

So i bought my guitar ...

What guitar did you buy..? That would help us give the best reply to your request. Until then, I'd say that, for electric guitars, of the 'Les Paul'/'Stratocaster'/'Telecaster' type (and anything similar...), a 'standard' string set would typically be 10-46. Fitting new strings should not need any adjustment to the bridge height, but maybe the intonation (the forward and back adjustment of the string saddles...) if changing gauge. No special ruler is needed for adjusting, but a little experience comes in handy. IF you're not happy with the new height, adjust it again, in small increments, until it suits you. You won't need to touch it again for years. If in doubt, go to your nearest music shop (where did you buy the guitar from..?), and ask them to show you how to get it as you want it. You'll have to learn these little set-up actions; they'll always be needed, and every guitarist learns them. No harm has been done, though, so take it slowly and be patient. Hope this helps. rWNVV2D.gif

Douglas

Edited by Dad3353

11 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

What guitar did you buy..? That would help us give the best reply to your request. Until then, I'd say that, for electric guitars, of the 'Les Paul'/'Stratocaster'/'Telecaster' type (and anything similar...), a 'standard' string set would typically be 10-46. Fitting new strings should not need any adjustment to the bridge height, but maybe the intonation (the forward and back adjustment of the string saddles...) if changing gauge. No special ruler is needed for adjusting, but a little experience comes in handy. IF you're not happy with the new height, adjust it again, in small increments, until it suits you. You won't need to touch it again for years. If in doubt, go to your nearest music shop (where did you buy the guitar from..?), and ask them to show you how to get it as you want it. You'll have to learn these little set-up actions; they'll always be needed, and every guitarist learns them. No harm has been done, though, so take it slowly and be patient. Hope this helps. rWNVV2D.gif

Douglas

Hi thanks for replying, its a C-1 SGR by Schecter. I did adjust the height to be pretty ok, but everytime i go in Drop C or lower the buzzing sound comes.

Edited by Itzcookieboy69

According to Schecter themselves, that guitar comes with a 009-042 set. It is worth noting that not all strings are equal and tension can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. However, you’d wouldn’t think that there would be much variance in the plain strings.

Edited by ezbass

3 minutes ago, Itzcookieboy69 said:

Hi thanks for replying, its a C-1 SGR by Schecter. I did adjust the height to be pretty ok, but everytime i go in Drop C or lower the buzzing sound comes.

You're re-tuning your guitar from standard 'E' (EADGBE...) down to Drop C (CGCFAD...) regularly, or keeping it tuned down..? :/

1 hour ago, Itzcookieboy69 said:

I regulary re-tune it, it depends which song im playing sometimes i go in Standard, Drop D, Drop C, E-flat.

OK, then I recommend that you learn the Dark Art of guitar set-ups as soon as practicable, as you'll be needing those skills, to get the best from your new, or any other, guitar. B|

Douglas

• Like 2

Nines or tens are pretty much industry standard in my experience. That's for a 'regular', concert pitch tuning. One you get seriously into metal type drop tuning regularly on the fly, I'd go looking for something like.... was it Hipshot do those bridges where you can flip a level to switch to drop D or Drop C and whatever and then back without having to spend time retuning?