Backonthehorse

Starting again....

Good evening all,

It's been a while in the making, but I'm doing my all to get back into playing. My first guitar (Yamaha Pacifica) gave up the electrics ghost many years ago, then during a period of travelling around and moving around etc, I just really lost touch with playing. I recently made the decision to get back on it all and recently bought an epiphone LP Koa custom, which is an absolute dream, feels lovely, sounds lovely....but I'm obscenely rusty...to the point that I had to leave it for a few days after only a couple of hours playing the day before because "my fingers hurt"...

Whilst I'm trying to remember and relearn a few old favourites, I'm also messing about with a more mellow sound/style of music and it's got me looking into multi fx pedals... I think realistically at the moment its a toss up between a valeton gp100 or gp200, issue being the latter is near £200 more... I think I'm drawn towards the gp200 because it does more more more... but given my limited experience, perhaps the gp100 would be ample for the moment. All going straight to headphones really...at this stage I can't risk anyone hearing...

Any advice would be awesome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Backonthehorse said:

... "my fingers hurt"...

Any advice would be awesome.

Just to suggest cooling down a tad. The fastest way to mastering the guitar is to go slowly. If your fingers hurt, you're playing too much, for too long at a time. This is holding you back. Play several short sessions, several times a day, rather than one long 'blitz'. Five minutes warming up, going over chord shapes, a few licks you're learning, then 10-15 minutes, no more. Do something else (have a look at Music Theory or Notation Reading if you must...), but leave the guitar alone. Rinse and repeat. Progress will be made by regularity, far faster than by 'bingeing'. Hope this helps. B|

• Like 1