The Pinky

Hello from North Hampshire

Hi everybody,

Thanks for letting me join.

I have just returned to picking up the guitar at the ripe oldahe of 60 after a lengthy absence.  I used to play years ago at school and we had a heavy gigging schedule in bedrooms and garages, neither I or we as a band were that good to be honest.  I picked up my son's guitar and dabbled with it for a few months a few years ago but didn't continue, however I have recently bought my own acoustic and consider myself very much a beginner again.  My fingers hurt a bit, my coordination is off and I am struggling to get a decent sound at times, but I reckon a bit of patience and a few months should see me become more accomplished.  I only plan to play for my own pleasure.  Looking forward making progress and to chatting on here of course.

Thanks

Alan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Pinky said:

Hi everybody,

Thanks for letting me join.

I have just returned to picking up the guitar at the ripe oldahe of 60 after a lengthy absence.  I used to play years ago at school and we had a heavy gigging schedule in bedrooms and garages, neither I or we as a band were that good to be honest.  I picked up my son's guitar and dabbled with it for a few months a few years ago but didn't continue, however I have recently bought my own acoustic and consider myself very much a beginner again.  My fingers hurt a bit, my coordination is off and I am struggling to get a decent sound at times, but I reckon a bit of patience and a few months should see me become more accomplished.  I only plan to play for my own pleasure.  Looking forward making progress and to chatting on here of course.

Thanks

Alan

Great to hear from you, TP!!!

Welcome to the forum.

You are definitely on the right track.

Get those calluses going....

Have fun.