SelmerDave

Selmer 222

Hello all. I'm playing a Selmer 222 at the moment. I believe it is from the late 50s or early 60s. It was the cheapest guitar in the Selmer range at the time. The guitar plays well and is in very nice condition. Although there is a sticker saying 'Selmer London', these were outsourced...probably to Eastern Europe. Does anyone else have one of these? Regards, David.

13 hours ago, SelmerDave said:

Hello all. I'm playing a Selmer 222 at the moment...

Here's a page from the Selmer catalogue of the period; you can see that, for a cost of 6 guinées, it came factory-fitted with light-gauge steel strings, making it excellent for cutting cheese..! My very first guitar, mid '60s, was similar, but Russian-built, full size, and a neck fixed to the body by a bolt. I moved on from there with a Hofner President (I regret its loss...). There are often Selmer 222 guitars offered second-hand, usually priced between £15 and £25. Popular at the time, mainly for their attractive relatively low price. By 'Concert'  size, they mean '3/4' size, or 'Parlour' guitar...

fqryv79.jpg

Edited by Dad3353