Thumb pick

Hi to all thanks for allowing me to join.

Thumb pick here best wishes to all member's I am 79 going on 16 and just starting to try and teach myself guitar, I have a Yamaha FG800 acoustic and a les Paul Epiphone electric guitar I am finding it a challenge at the moment what with soar fingers and changing chords on the fret board have joined this group to see if it will help me progress further once again thanks.

Good afternoon, @Thumb pick, and ...

Sq1J2dj.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

I would like to share a few words of encouragement with you (I'll be 73 this summer, if all goes well...)...

'It's the first forty years that are the hardest, after which things sometimes tend to get a just a little easier.' Hope this helps. B|

I share your "pain"! Literally!  I haven't played for many years and starting over is not like riding a bike!  My whole body aches, not just my fingers!  I am making progress but it is in fits and starts.  My fingers don't bend and twist like they used to!  That's probably why there are lots of "almost as new" guitars for sale!!! Keep up with the good work and take lots of breaks before it breaks you!

😉