Hugh Ford

Hugh Ford

Hi there,

I'm a 21 year old guitarist and I'm currently working on my end of final university product design project, where I'm looking to solve issues in the world of guitar and guitar related equipment design.

I would love to know your guys & girls thoughts on what specific equipment or parts of your daily guitar playing routine makes you question why the hell that specific task isn't easier, or why that piece of equipment has to take such a complicated route to give you the desired outcome.

This relates to anyone who plays guitar at beginner right through to professional level, from messing around playing licks at home to regularly playing gigs, I would love to know your thoughts!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Ford said:

why that piece of equipment has to take such a complicated route to give you the desired outcome

Well, I am looking for the "holy grail", Hugh, .... a right-handed strumming arm ... 🙄.

Not very helpful I'm afraid, but will give your quest some thought and come back if I have a 💡- moment.

Good luck with the project.

Edited by Strum Mental
  • Like 1

An important part of the journey of firstly beginning on guitar, and later on searching for mastery, is the very large bucket of Patience that is required. None of it comes quickly and easily; this is Normal for any skills worth learning, and those without the necessary Patience are often disillusioned; some even give up. I've yet to find a reliable source for renewing one's bucket when it empties, and Patience is often used up with other activities, too, such as Motor Repair or Skiing. At my great age I find that I have but little left in reserve. :$