Old Codger

Any 'Seamless' Multi-Effects Units?

Hi All.

I wondered if there are any multi-effects units that give seamless changes between patches.  I know some units claim to have no 'dead spots' but they still change abruptly from one patch to the other.  For example you may have a clean sound with reverb on the current patch and want to change to one with distortion but no reverb.  What happens is the reverb chops off dead instead of 'lingering' naturally for a couple of seconds or so.

The only unit I've read about is the old 'purple-faced' Digitech 2120 Artist from the 90's I believe.  It had controls for "Hold" and "Ramp" which allowed you to blend the two patches gradually together, for a time duration you could set.

Is there anything today that can do the same?

Cheers,

Old Codger.

No, not a budget option, although they hold their value well in the used market.

Looking elsewhere, I've not used a Zoom MFX since about 2002 but the Zoom G1 looks to have delay trails configurable per effect (see the delay/reverb sections in the effects list). I'd imagine the other Zoom models have similar.

edit: slight correction -- it looks like only some delay models have the trails option.

Edited by velvetkevorkian