Baloo76

Hello from Northants, UK

Just a post to introduce myself, joining on behalf of both myself and my 15 year old son.

We both started playing last christmas, so 1 year now.

I'm not doing great, I'm a 46 year old with lots of good intentions, but not finding enough time, but I'm picking it up slowly. He is doing amazing, but picking up his guitar is the first thing he does after finishing school and he plays at least a couple of hours per day (oh to be young and have so much free time!!)

I'm using a Rocket Deluxe Stratocaster and a Crafter GAE-8, both borowed from a friend to get me started.

I bought my son a Harley Benton HB35 Semi Acoustic left handed as a starter guitar last Christmas, with a promise that we'd upgrade if he took it up and it wasn't just a fad. By his birthday in September it was clear he was going to be a guitarist for life, and he desperately wanted a Les Paul, so I bought him an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50's.

On Christmas day the dog knocked over the Les Paul, and broke two of the tuners, hence the reason for joining the forum, and another thread coming up on that soon, if you wouldn't ind giving me some help and advice replacing them?

Thanks All, happy new year, and all the best for 2023!

Good afternoon, @Baloo76, and ...

Sq1J2dj.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

Help will doubtless be along shortly regarding the tuners, so no need to sweat. Yes, the new tuners should ideally be the same ratio (18:1...). We'll get some references checked for having an easy one-to-one replacement. A bit of patience, then..? B|

:crigon_04:

At least the headstock stayed on (LPs being famous for decapitating themselves), might be easier to replace all the tuners, especially as Gotoh, Grover and Wilkinson seem to be 15:1 or 14:1 (Allparts, WD Music and Northwest Guitars checked), rather than the advertised 18:1 ones that are fitted.

On 30/12/2022 at 21:36, Baloo76 said:

On Christmas day the dog knocked over the Les Paul, and broke two of the tuners, hence the reason for joining the forum, and another thread coming up on that soon, if you wouldn't ind giving me some help and advice replacing them?

We're happy to help but need pics to provide any detailed advice.

On 30/12/2022 at 13:36, Baloo76 said:

Just a post to introduce myself, joining on behalf of both myself and my 15 year old son.

We both started playing last christmas, so 1 year now.

I'm not doing great, I'm a 46 year old with lots of good intentions, but not finding enough time, but I'm picking it up slowly. He is doing amazing, but picking up his guitar is the first thing he does after finishing school and he plays at least a couple of hours per day (oh to be young and have so much free time!!)

I'm using a Rocket Deluxe Stratocaster and a Crafter GAE-8, both borowed from a friend to get me started.

I bought my son a Harley Benton HB35 Semi Acoustic left handed as a starter guitar last Christmas, with a promise that we'd upgrade if he took it up and it wasn't just a fad. By his birthday in September it was clear he was going to be a guitarist for life, and he desperately wanted a Les Paul, so I bought him an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50's.

Thanks All, happy new year, and all the best for 2023!

Slightly off topic, but Newport Music in Newport Pagnell (not far from you) have a good Left-Hander collection at the moment. Should also be able to quote you on a repair. Also Eli Abbott on FB is a good luthier local to you. I'm in Newport btw, use the local music dhop, Rock Hard (Wolverton) and PMT (N'ton) regularly.