howdenspur

Curious bass player seeks...

...a guitar obviously!

Hi, there - a couple of apologies:

1. I've posted without introducing myself. Bit rude.

2. I'm a moonlighter from Basschat.

I had a guitar at an earlier age than my first bass, but currently find myself without a proper 6 string. Unless you count the old Kimbara gathering dust in the attic and requiring a restring and probably a set of new tuners.

Currently arguing with myself over whether to get a nice electro acoustic or a semi acoustic. I figured signing up here might help (in encouraging me to buy one of each and a solid body electric to boot!).

• Like 1

Good evening, @howdenspur, and ...

Sq1J2dj.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

You're at the top of a very slippery slope, my friend. If you've not got a suitable amp, I'd suggest an electro-acoustic for starters. It won't stop there anyway, so make room for a thin-line telecaster and a Hofner jazz box. Hmm... Maybe a 12-string, a bit later..? And a black; everyone and his/her dog needs a black guitar of sorts. Oh, and that red one looks inviting, too. Beckoning to you..? Of course it is, and you can't resist... -_-

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, howdenspur said:

Currently arguing with myself over whether to get a nice electro acoustic or a semi acoustic. I figured signing up here might help (in encouraging me to buy one of each and a solid body electric to boot!).

:crigon_04: 

Yeah, don’t mess around, get both. :D 

OK, sensible head on, assuming that you don’t have an amp other than a bass one (although many make great guitar amps), electro acoustic makes most sense, as it’ll be there to pick up and play without having to plug in for decent volume. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howdenspur said:

Thanks guys, some good advice. I do have a little old Marshall 15w practice jobbie kicking around somewhere, but there is something pleasingly organic(?) about just being able to pick up and play.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I picked up either of my electrics and actually plugged them in. It always seems to be either of my 2 acoustics.

I don't know how loud they are acoustically, but there's always the Fender Acoustasonics, not particularly cheap, sadly, even the Mexican ones.

On 13/12/2022 at 13:59, howdenspur said:

...a guitar obviously!

Hi, there - a couple of apologies:

1. I've posted without introducing myself. Bit rude.

2. I'm a moonlighter from Basschat.

I had a guitar at an earlier age than my first bass, but currently find myself without a proper 6 string. Unless you count the old Kimbara gathering dust in the attic and requiring a restring and probably a set of new tuners.

Welcome to the forum!

May you have a great time here, and enjoy the site.

Rene

• Thanks 1