C_J_92

Good amps for pedals

So I'm have been playing through a black Star ID100tvp, it's a great amp and I love it but I'm looking for something a bit more real (tube/valve amps and pedals)

The problem is I have no idea where to start, there is so much to choose from, it's a little over whelming.

So my question is, what do you recommend is a good start for a tube amp with pedals. 

For reference I am in a gigging rock/metal band (Sinic)

So I like to use something around the 100amps range. 

I play mostly metal and I take a lot of my influences from Zakk Wylde, Dime bag Darrel, John 5, machine head etc. 

I have a few pedals (blackstar drive, chorus, delay, gate) the usual suspects. 

Any help is much appreciated and please check out my band Sinic as well for reference to my sound. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/7Kj56jBwuvbIjTk29zQTjP?si=Sr4OJHMIQBO8UFuNNZoi4w&utm_source=copy-link

It's a bit of 'how long is a piece of string', really. Our Eldest played for a few years in a loud-enough punk/rock/ska group with a Laney VC50. At 'concert' level, it was turned up to about 2, on a scale to 10. It spits fire. The Vox AC30 is as loud as anyone could wish for. Our Eldest now plays through a Mesa Simul-Class A 2:90, so in theory 180w; it's ticking over, and can't be turned up more, even through the Mesa 4x12 if you're in the same room. 100w means nothing, especially with valves.
What to recommend..? I'm 'old school', so any vintage Hiwatt will do the job. I had a DR504 (50w...) which was splendid; the 100w DR103 has proved itself over the decades. You've not mentioned budget, though. Is that a factor..?

Pedals..? Too much of a personal choice to be really useful. I play 'clean', mostly, but I have had decent tones from the dual Germanium Big Muff. Our Eldest has been running a racked G-Force for decades, with a Tri-axis, and I don't know of any tones it can't produce. Again, budget may be an issue (or not..?).

Disclaimer : I'm a drummer, so what would I know..? :$

(Can't listen to the track, I'm afraid. Not a 'Spotifier'...)

One thing to think of is whether you want your drive tone to come from the amp or a pedal driving the amp? This way you can decide if you need a twin or single channel amp. As Dad says, 100w valve amp would be ridiculously loud, I had a Fender Bassman ‘59 reissue, which was 45 watts or so and could stun small animals at only half volume! A good place to start would be to look at the tone of folk you admire and what amps they use, that way you can begin with one brand (no guarantee you’ll end up with that brand, however). Interestingly, you name Dimebag as an influence and, IIRC, he used solid state amps. That aside, some the folk you mention favour Marshall amps, so maybe start there.