polvo

Ibanez PGM with RG headstock?

Can anyone help me figure out what this guitar is? It seems like a bit of a Frankenstein from what I can tell...

The body (painted F-holes, single knob and pickup switch) look to me like a PGM30 (https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/PGM30)

No photo description available.

But the headstock says 'RG series', not 'PGM'. 

No photo description available.

The person selling it has said that they don't know what model it is but are pretty sure it's not a PGM (or it would be 10x the price). 

Any idea what this thing is?? I can't find any photos online of a guitar with this combo of body/headstock.

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

Perhaps the f holes are a retro fit? They are available on eBay it seems.

Perhaps - but I can't find any other models that have the same pickup arrangement, or a single volume knob and pickup switch. 

there was a (possibly short-lived) pgm3 model which was the cheapest option for a PGM, as far as i can see from google all the pgm models had white pickups so my assumption for this one is it's a bitsa made from PGM and RG parts, possibly due to accidental damage or just because those were the parts available.

If the price is cheap enough it should be a good guitar, Ibanez are well known for building quality instruments at all price points so if these are all Ibanez parts it should be fine.

Matt