Fishfacefour

What song are you learning?

Thought this could be a good place to inspire each other with what we're working on at the moment.

I've been revisiting this Julian lage arrangement of an ornette Coleman song. This got me back in to playing guitar again back on April. The stretches were just too much. Since I got a 24" scale it's much more manageable.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ezbass said:

Having learnt Zeppelin’s The Rain Song and come up with an arrangement that works as a shorter solo piece, I thought I’d learn this as the tuning sounds the same (it isn’t 😤).

I tried that years ago as a kid, can't for the life of me remember the tuning. I think I had a transcription in a guitar magazine.

1 hour ago, Fishfacefour said:

I tried that years ago as a kid, can't for the life of me remember the tuning. I think I had a transcription in a guitar magazine.

It’s a different open C from The Rain Song, I think someone said C6.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been learning Playing God by Polyphia. It’s tricky to play cleanly and to keep the harmonics ringing out…i think I’ve got most of it to about quarter tempo, but it’s meant to be played fast. I think I’ve got about 6 more months considering my current practice regime!

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 21:28, R32 said:

I’ve been learning Playing God by Polyphia. It’s tricky to play cleanly and to keep the harmonics ringing out…i think I’ve got most of it to about quarter tempo, but it’s meant to be played fast. I think I’ve got about 6 more months considering my current practice regime!

That's sounds awesome, a really interesting sound but sounds properly tricky.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 02:01, Fishfacefour said:

Thought this could be a good place to inspire each other with what we're working on at the moment.

I've been revisiting this Julian lage arrangement of an ornette Coleman song. This got me back in to playing guitar again back on April. The stretches were just too much. Since I got a 24" scale it's much more manageable.

Beautifully played.