Michael Mc

G string snapping

I can't think of any reason why the string should snap at that particular point. Could be down to bad luck; I've never come across this specific issue. Are these the same make of strings..? Maybe try a 'G' from a different souce, just to see..? It won't affect the tone to any notable degree. Other than that, it's only down to the usual suspects, as remarked above, of being sure there's no sharp corners anywhere along the string support points. Why break at the headstock, though..? Mystery, sorry. :/

• Like 1

Hi it is very weird indeed. In this case I would rather disagree with Dad3353 because since it happened twice in the same place, it is not bad luck. There is a problem of some sort. 

See if this helps. The string snaps between the tuner and the nut. Correct? That can only mean that when you increase the tension of the string with the tuner the nut does not let it move freely and creates some sort of weird tension. Makes sense to me but, I am just guessing. 

• Like 1