Crusoe

When nothing works...

I called into the local bricks 'n' mortar shop at the weekend to try a couple of amps. T9ok my own guitar with me so that I knew what to expect if i did make a purchase. The guy in the shop was really helpful and set me up with a couple of amps and left me to it. I plugged in and sat down to play, but I wasn't feeling very well and I just couldn't get my fingers to work. I struggled to play anything and felt so crap that I kept the volume down. Meanwhile, on the other side of the shop, some 14 year old kid was running off all sorts of riffs. The intro to Welcome to the Jungle with the delay effect; many Metallica songs. I can't remember what else. So I just packed up my guitar and left (paying for a new Fender Mustang LT25 on my way out the door).

17 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I called into the local bricks 'n' mortar shop at the weekend to try a couple of amps. T9ok my own guitar with me so that I knew what to expect if i did make a purchase. The guy in the shop was really helpful and set me up with a couple of amps and left me to it. I plugged in and sat down to play, but I wasn't feeling very well and I just couldn't get my fingers to work. I struggled to play anything and felt so crap that I kept the volume down. Meanwhile, on the other side of the shop, some 14 year old kid was running off all sorts of riffs. The intro to Welcome to the Jungle with the delay effect; many Metallica songs. I can't remember what else. So I just packed up my guitar and left (paying for a new Fender Mustang LT25 on my way out the door).

It's the same when a friend comes round and asks you to play something... or even worse, when they bring their child round who also plays...'Hey, you guys can have a jam...'

I sound like complete toilet...

• Haha 1