Rossn

Telecaster vintage bridge on mim player telecaster

Hi all, 

Bit of a random question but wanted to see if anyone knows of any makes of vintage telecaster bridge that would fit a player telecaster? From what I have seen the string placement is different on a player telecaster as they have a modern bridge and I was wondering if anyone had found a vintage bridge that would fit this without having to drill new string holes.

The guitar is - Fender player plus telecaster

And the type of bridge I would like to have is this style - Bridge

Thank you 

• Like 1

Looking at the back of those two models, I can't see any difference in ferrule placing or spacing that would affect such a change of bridge. I don't understand what the advantage of the vintage bridge could possible be, but that's another debate. No guarantee, as I've not the two guitars on hand physically, but it's easy enough to find out once the 'new' (in fact 'old', really...) bridge is lined up. I would add that I'm of the 'If it ain't busted, don't fix it' school, and I'd rather the better-designed 'Player' bridge, but... Whatever... Hope this helps. :|

Be interested to see how this goes. I'm no fan of the six saddle Telebridge myself; much prefer a compensated three-saddle. Makes the intonation more of a compromise, sure, but they just have a mojo for me - which I haven't ruled out being largely cosmetic. Horses for courses, I guess; I would take the original three saddle every time over a six saddle in the same way as I love a Bigsby and loathe a Floyd Rose.... 

Intonation is, I would suggest, a bit over-blown, really. How many acoustic guitars have adjustable saddles..? Many arch-tops have movable bridges that are slanted as best as is needed for this compensation. Nothing wrong with individual string adjustment, of course, but I doubt the real effectiveness when playing 'normally', for most ears. If it's just for show, why not, but a pencil as a bridge held in place with an elastic band works, too.
As for vibratos, of any sort... An invention of Beelzebub. I'll have no truck with 'em. :|

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Intonation is, I would suggest, a bit over-blown, really. How many acoustic guitars have adjustable saddles..? Many arch-tops have movable bridges that are slanted as best as is needed for this compensation. Nothing wrong with individual string adjustment, of course, but I doubt the real effectiveness when playing 'normally', for most ears. If it's just for show, why not, but a pencil as a bridge held in place with an elastic band works, too.
As for vibratos, of any sort... An invention of Beelzebub. I'll have no truck with 'em. :|

Interesting thought - I don't doubt it. I wonder how much it's a product of things like engineers getting involved in designing guitars, and the fact that over time we've simply been able to better measure these things. Technically, at least.... I've always been wryly amused by people who'll pay big money for superior hifi equipment that yes, on paper is better, and yes, that can be objectively measured..... but when it gets to the point that the human ear can't distinguish it.... TBH, I also suspect a lot of this has to do with it being a very male-driven industry. There's a viw that all men are somewhere on the spectrum by default, and it's hard to refute that when you look at the difference between how men engage in hobbies and how women do it...

Vibrato is something I'll ort of use if it's there, though mostly I'm very much a 'give the bar a wobble at the end of a number' kind of player. Fingerbending vibrato seems to come more naturally to me. I don't much miss a vibrato if it's not there. TBH, the real reason I'd love a Bigsby is just the look of the thing - it's pure art. I don't need to actually use it. Their most practical purpose imo is curing the neck dive on an SG. ;) 

• Thanks 1