raven1313

emg.....is it worth the trouble?

Hello, I have a Jackson RR32 with the stock pickups which are fine until I plug my Jackson 7string, then I feel like I want bigger sound from my RR. I bought a emg active 81 for the bridge. what I want to do is but the active 81 in the bridge, and leave the passive in the neck. My tone is Progressive Metal, with a little Dark heavy tones in the pedal tones....think Doom metal. Then In would have the passive neck pic-up for the sonics and dynamics. Can this be done. My problem is the switch-toggle, not sure how that is going to work? I have solderless active 81, but I can solder if needed.

You could get a set of fishman fluence pickups. Most of the sets have their selectable voices set to both ballsy active tones, and more vintagey passive kinda tones. (the Matt Heafy set seems to be the most like what you're looking for)

They're pretty pricey, but honestly It's a much better (and far more convenient) option than messing about installing passive and active pickups side by side in one guitar and hoping for the best.