raven1313

Emg replacement.

Greetings, I want to swap out my stock pic-ups on my Jackson rr32 to emg soderless in the bridge, but thinking of running the stock pic-up with the active emg. Now this may seem un-orthodox, but it can be done, and I think it would work for me. The question is, is it worth it. are emg pic-ups that much better.

4 hours ago, raven1313 said:

...The question is, is it worth it. are emg pic-ups that much better.

OK, yes, it can be done, but the shenanigans involved in getting the two technologies to cooperate together is not simple. Is it worth it..? Unless there's some compelling driver behind it, I'd suggest that going either all active or all passive is the way to go. No direct experience to offer, but gen up on the pitfalls before committing. What's missing from the stock bridge p-u..? Is there really no passive that could solve that issue..? Just my tuppence-worth; hope it helps. rWNVV2D.gif

EMG active pickups have a fairly specific character to them.  Very consistent pickups and noiseless but they lose a little of the highest and lowest frequencies.  I've not played their passive ones yet.

Thanks! I'm still thinking. I use a 7 string and a six when I compose. I replaced the volume pot in the 7 string with a 500k. Now the two guitars don't have the same connection as before so in essence I need to bring the six string up with a more compressed tone.