Benji003

Loop Pedal Suggestions

Hi guys, 

I want to buy a loop pedal for my Fender Stratocaster. I've never bought a loop pedal before so I'm not sure which one to go for. My budget is not very high like less than 200 GBP I would say because this is my first loop pedal, don't wanna spend a crazy amount to it. 

Found some loop pedals on YouTube, if anyone uses it can you let know if they're good? 

Hartke HL77 looper pedal

Pedal: NUX MG-300

Pedal: Aeros Gold Looper

MOOER Groove Loop X2

And if you have other suggestions, please comment below and let me know! Thanks a lot :)

If the Hartke doesn't fit your needs, then you have odd needs. It will do looping very well indeed, and is a known, successful pedal. Not too expensive; well within your budget. Look no further. Just my tuppence-worth.

Edited by Dad3353

Personally I wouldn't go for a single footswitch looper pedal -- your mileage may vary, but I found having to keep what the footswitch does at a given time in my head quite difficult. From your list, I'd probably go with the Mooer on that basis. (The Aeros looks nice but way over budget?)

i looked into loopers a couple of years ago and came to a similar conclusion as @velvetkevorkian that a multi button pedal was easier to use.

I went for an AKAI Headrush 2, picked it up on ebay for about 60 quid i think, with it's power supply.  the 2 button arrangement is very easy to use and it has can be switched into delay/echo mode as well, the ojnly slight downside is that it's a big pedal but it is very robust feeling.

If you go for something secondhand then if it doesn't suit you or you don't find you are using it enough then you should be able to sell it on without losing any money.

there are lots of options from most of the big name brands, picking up one of those would be my pick (personally i quite like TC electronic and Electro-Harmonix pedals so they would be high up the list, I've yet to bond with a Boss pedal so they don't really appear on my radar)

Matt

• Like 1