The Pinky

Epiphone Les Paul Studio LT

Looking at buying a second hand Epiphone as per the subject title, it appears to be owned by somebody who plays a bit and talks about how he has had it set up.  It appears to be in good condition, does the £100 asking price sound about right?

Thanks for any help.

Around £200 new and £160 used on eBay, seems like a good price. Ignore the, “I’ve set it up,” the set up may not be to your taste and is a common selling phrase, all guitars are set up to differing degrees, doesn’t mean it’s been done well. That said, setting action height, intonation and relief on Les Paul is very straightforward.

On 18/04/2023 at 09:11, ezbass said:

Around £200 new and £160 used on eBay, seems like a good price. Ignore the, “I’ve set it up,” the set up may not be to your taste and is a common selling phrase, all guitars are set up to differing degrees, doesn’t mean it’s been done well. That said, setting action height, intonation and relief on Les Paul is very straightforward.

Thanks for the advice, I bit the bullet and bought it.  I am very happy with it and the seller, he was extremely helpful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Pinky said:

Thanks for the advice, I bit the bullet and bought it.  I am very happy with it and the seller, he was extremely helpful.

Excellent and good to hear that the seller was a good egg too. There is something I need to point out, however...

:useless:

Kind of an unwritten rule or, at the very least, a guideline ;) 

3 hours ago, ezbass said:

Excellent and good to hear that the seller was a good egg too. There is something I need to point out, however...

:useless:

Kind of an unwritten rule or, at the very least, a guideline ;) 

Please accept my sincere and humble apologies!  To make up for my schoolboy error, please accept 2 for the price of 1, the Epiphone and the Hohner acoustic I bought back in February.  Now I am shopping for an amp, as per my post elsewhere on the forum.

20230418_193745.jpg

16820226476702035803080693115868.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, good price for this. Looks very much like the older Epiphone LP Special, which also had a bolt on neck. I vaguely recall them being considered a good modding platform. A friend had one years ago (back around 2005ish), which I remember being impressive for the money. If memory serves, those Specials had one master tone and mater volume. 

I see Epiphone also now do a Studio that follows the spec of the Gibson LP Studio model - at about £500 new(!). Epiphones have significantly risen in price in recent years it seems to me - thought I still reckon Gibson should have bitten the bullet long ago and created a mid-tier Gibson line a la the Fender Player series....