Kiwi

Any Kemper users on here...?

I've only skimmed the surface of what is available so far.  I've downloaded 400 rigs to try out (including maybe 20 for bass) with a view to whittling that list down to maybe two or three from each amp model of interest plus any pedal profiles.  But already it does amps better than amps if the noise floor is anything to go by.  I'm pretty much resolved to getting shot of my pedals on the back of it, with all their compatibility issues and noise levels.  But it made me realise that while it offers greater practicality and higher reliability, having all the sounds doesn't substitute for having the sounds and the original gear.  But it almost makes owning the original gear pointless as it is, the only real benefit to gain is bragging rights and entertainment value from knob twiddling.  The one thing it won't do is replicate controls that don't fit the Kemper's predefined format.  So, for example, you can profile a Mesa Studio pre but the profile won't provide control over the graphic eq, so the graphic has to be optimised as part of the original profile.

• Like 1