ibanezImy

Any jam sessions In Derbyshire United Kingdom

Hi. I've had no luck looking for groups or guitar activities in my area. I know things like the pentatonic scales. Licks. Blues. Soloing. Been playing for 8 years. I can play to most backing tracks up to 120bpm.  You may find me on YouTube "ibanezimy" .

Lots of people guitar on tiktok. I know it's still a thing.

Peace to all players. Happy jamming. 

• Like 2

People on a forum are scattered all over the country and even farther away. I myself would like to practice with you or gather with other people but I am nowhere near your area. Too bad.

The best advice I can offer is to look for some kind of music school near you (not private lessons) where you'll find like-minded people and be able to have a group sooner or later.

Hope this helps.

Keep rocking! 🤟

• Thanks 1

Hey Frank How are you doing buddy.. That's true i suppose, it sometimes feels like sending out an SOS in the middle of space where no one can reach you lol.. I just happen to live in a dead town aha. I've tried calling guitar centers and schools but they get the impression im just cold calling.

4 hours ago, ibanezImy said:

Hey Frank How are you doing buddy.. That's true i suppose, it sometimes feels like sending out an SOS in the middle of space where no one can reach you lol.. I just happen to live in a dead town aha. I've tried calling guitar centers and schools but they get the impression im just cold calling.

Fine thanks, buddy. I totally get where you're coming from because I live in a ghost town too. I told you I was trying to move etc...

Now you have to go to the school in person, it is very important, because apart from the formal education you may get, you want to see if you like the environment, because at the end of the day, you're going there to socialize and meet other people. If they teach many instruments, so much the better.

If the school is not right next door, a little bit of travel won't harm you.

Keep me posted.

ps I bought a new guitar :)

I get to jam online on a couple of other guitar forums. I do have a guitarist buddy that I jam with but its more me giving him pointers rather than jamming.

I am a member of another forum guitarforum.com  where there is a Jam section on the forum where fellow forumers upload a backing track for players to jam on and post their efforts, at the moment there is a focus on beginners and encouraging them to join in jamming.

Another forum I am on (the Fractal Audio forum) I have a couple of buddies (one lives in London near me and the other in Memphis USA) we pick a backing track to jam over, slice it up into 3 time slots and allocate to each player and then we each lay down our solos in our allotted slot and its a lot of fun. 

No reason why something like that can't happen here if there were people up for it. Also, guitar is my secondary instrument, my main instrument is keyboards and I sometimes jam soloing on keyboard as well on other forums which is accepted by other guitarists lucky and I'm not booed off the pitch lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1