Ruslan

Fender? help identify the guitar

Я не розуміюся на гітарах. Купив на місцевому сайті (Україна). Внутрішнє електрообладнання мені здається незнайомим, адже написи та логотипи на ньому ніби ще в СРСР .
 Однак, порівнюючи його зовнішній вигляд з іншими подібними крилами в Інтернеті, я бачу деякі подібності.

Фото

59 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

Я не розуміюся на гітарах. Купив на місцевому сайті (Україна). Внутрішнє електрообладнання мені здається незнайомим, адже написи та логотипи на ньому ніби ще в СРСР .
 Однак, порівнюючи його зовнішній вигляд з іншими подібними крилами в Інтернеті, я бачу деякі подібності.

Фото

I don't understand guitars. I bought it on a local website (Ukraine). The internal electrical equipment seems unfamiliar to me, because the inscriptions and logos on it seem to be from the USSR.
  However, when I compare its appearance to other similar wings online, I see some similarities.

A photo

https://ru.files.fm/u/z7kmhrc47

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Не Fender, це точно. -_-

Що ти робиш в Україні?.. :/

Не Fender, це точно.-_- 

Що ви робите в Україні..? :/

I live here).  It's just that Google suggested this site first among guitar forums.

• Thanks 1

My best guess would be that it's one of the guitars built in the 60s / 70s / 80s in the East Block (most likely, if it's spent its life in Ukraine, the old Soviet Union)  for the local market. Somebody has put a Fender logo on it at some point presumably in a nod to Western rock heroes / imagery. The saving on materials is interesting: note the metal saved on the jack socket, and the pick-ups using the scratchplate itself instead of separate covers, which is quite a neat design touch imo. Be interesting to hear it.

The other possibility, thinking about it, is that this was made in Japan in the 60s / 70s. It's not entirely out of whack with some of the stuff made there then. 

The jack socket looks like it would take a "standard" 3/4" jack? Doesn't *look* like it's been retrofitted. Notable simply because so many of the Soviet era, domestic market guitars I've seen had completely different connections than what has long been standard in the West.