John2016

Ok so nobody has heard of the Fender 1200 what about these ?.

I have got rid of my Tanglewood TW5 as I had a play of my guitar teachers Fender it’s an old fender I think something 210 he says 1980s I think, the thing was the neck, it was like night and day for me so that was it time to get something with the same neck profile so looking on eBay seen the Fender 1200  & im looking at a Fender CD140  natural from the year 2008 it has no cut away or electrics just I think something to learn on then maybe when I have some idea of what I’m doing is buy something better, I believe the neck profile is C, but I’m assuming this profile is maybe different between various brands, I have also had a go with a Yamaha I think a 310 that felt good but I think when I do get into it a bit more something a lot better but I think the C neck profile is the way for me, somebody was raving to me about the playability of Sigma guitars all opinions are appreciated.

Edited by John2016

I'm not sure that it's as simple as all that. The neck profile is a factor, I'd agree, but comfort, playability, 'feel' and more are also major factors, and the real solution when choosing on such criteria is to try them out yourself. Not easy, I'm aware, but if it's so important to you, you'll avoid an awful lot of disappointment (and financial loss...) if you 'try before you buy'. I realise that this is difficult when deciding on a used instrument several hundred miles away, but them's the breaks, I'm afraid.
Another option (one I adopted many decades ago...) is to not be fussy about such things, and adapt to whatever comes into your hands. I've several guitars and basses, acoustic and electric; I don't even think about profiles and such; I just play 'em. OK, not very well, but that's not the point. It has certainly made choosing instruments so much easier..! Hope this helps (but that seems unlikely :$...). rWNVV2D.gif

24 minutes ago, John2016 said:

Fair point, im really at the beginning so probably as I get better & more confident I suppose it won’t matter as much 👍👍

I didn't mean to be mean, or a dampener, but optimised profiles and such are more important for experienced players, that need to perform every night to a high standard (and even then, many don't concern themselves with such details..!). It's much easier, and more rewarding, to practise on a decent instrument, whatever nuance of neck profile. The more one practises, the less it matters; that's where the benefit lies : practise. B|

No I did not take it you were being mean, for me at the moment I’m so new to everything & watching so many YouTube videos & all the different opinions ,im just looking at everything, but I am making progress with my Guitar teacher , getting a guitar teacher is my best decision so far 👍😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1