The Pinky

Hard case for acoustic guitar

Hi everybody, hope you are all having a good Christmas?  You may have seen elsewhere that I have recently become the proud owner of  Lag T88ACE and I am now considering purchasing a hard case to protect it and to carry it about in when I go out.  I have looked on line and I can find no reference as to how I find a case that is suitable  - particularly size?  How do I find out if my guitar will fit in any particular case, or is it just a case of trying various cases?

Alan

If you have a good guitar shop locally I'd give them a call and see what they have in stock.

I'm not familiar with the exact guitar you have but from a quick google it looks like a smaller boded guitar, similar to a APX Yamaha?  

My personal preference for hard cases is Hiscox, they publish internal dimensions on their website HERE 

Hiscox cases are not cheap but they are robust and lightweight, you might find that a perfect fit case isn't available but a bit of rolled up towel usually takes up any extra space and is useful to wipe the guitar down before putting it away. I've had good luck buying Hiscox cases secondhand from facebook and eBay, getting the seller to take some internal measurements or asking exactly what guitar it was used for previously helps to work out if it's the right one.

Another place to look is Thomann, they often publish internal dimensions for their cases.

Matt

@Matt P Hi, thanks for the advice much appreciated.  I made several enquiries by phone and email with mixed response, I have to say that some places were better than others at responding and will comment no further on that other than I recieved what I consider truly excellent service from Hobgoblin music.  They are an outlet largely for anybody looking for instruments used particularly in the folk world, a couple of phone calls to discuss what I wanted and needed and within 24 hours of placing the order I had a case delivered to my ho,e address.  Unfortunately my nearest music shop is now about an hour away so I do tend to rely on Internet searches otherwise I could end up driving around the south of England if I can't find what I need in one particular place.  That said that is exactly what I did when I bought my guitar as there was no substitute for actually holding a selection of guitars to get the feel before buying.  Back to my original point I now have a Viking case for my guitar which is an absolutely perfect fit and should keep it safe, whilst this case is not armoured or expensive, and I wouldn't want to use it I an aircraft hold for example, it will provide more than adequate protection for storage at home and the occasional trip out and about.

20240105_195959.jpg

20240105_195950.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1