Graham50

Parlour Guitars

Small bodied (Martin 00 & 0 or equivalent) and 12 fret guitars seem to be increasingly popular with many makers producing them. If you have one show it here.

This mine made by K Yiari of Japan, largely hand made with a lovely rosewood back and sides, sounds much louder than you might expect from the size.

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice! I've owned three acoustics in the past - two dreadnoughts (still have one, a Tanglewood) and a bowlback (also a Tangelwood; it's at my parents house in the Old Country and will be sold next Spring). I want something small, parloury - something robert johnson might have played. Got my eye on the Recording king Dirty 30s on Thomann, though also really fancy one of these: 

14380668_800.jpg

16 hours ago, Graham50 said:

If get the Johnson thing, do you have to take it down to the crossroads at midnight?

I got confused and watch an old episode of "Crossroads" at midnight. I couldn't understand how Benny and Miss Diane were going to teach me how to play guitar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2