jazzguitarguy

Developing an app to help learn solo around changes - looking for a few beta testers

Question

HI 

I'm developing a new app (originally started developing it for myself just to organize my own materials for practice, but would probably be useful for other people too).

[When I say 'app' I don't mean a smartphone app - currently it works best on a PC laptop screen. I've been working on responsive styling for tablet (smallest it could possibly go) but it's not there yet. But would suit PC/Mac users].

I have a working version and I'm looking for a few testers to help give feedback on the feature set and steer the content that's on it.

Basically the app is for guitarists who know their theory, and can play their scales, but are 'stuck' and unable to turn their playing facility into actual soloing over changes.

The app consists of a phrase trainer and a song trainer - with a bunch of jazz guitar phrases in the phrase trainer/player, and then you move through to the song trainer/player and there's a notation system that makes it easy to see where you have to move all the phrases to in order to get round the changes.

You can change key into all 12 keys and change tempo as well. There's a bunch of other features.

If you're interested in trying out the software then I'm looking for people who a) really want to get over this 'hump' in their playing and be able to solo over jazz changes and b) would be willing to give feedback.

Thanks!

Edited by jazzguitarguy
clarity

2 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, jazzguitarguy said:

HI 

I'm developing a new app (originally started developing it for myself just to organize my own materials for practice, but would probably be useful for other people too).

I have a working version and I'm looking for a few testers to help give feedback on the feature set and steer the content that's on it.

Basically the app is for guitarists who know their theory, and can play their scales, but are 'stuck' and unable to turn their playing facility into actual soloing over changes.

The app consists of a phrase trainer and a song trainer - with a bunch of jazz guitar phrases in the phrase trainer/player, and then you move through to the song trainer/player and there's a notation system that makes it easy to see where you have to move all the phrases to in order to get round the changes.

You can change key into all 12 keys and change tempo as well. There's a bunch of other features.

If you're interested in trying out the software then I'm looking for people who a) really want to get over this 'hump' in their playing and be able to solo over jazz changes and b) would be willing to give feedback.

Thanks!

This sounds like a cool idea. I don't think my abilities would be up to scratch enough to be of use to you, though, but good luck with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jazzguitarguy said:

... I'm looking for people who a) really want to get over this 'hump' in their playing and be able to solo over jazz changes and b) would be willing to give feedback...

It sounds interesting, and I'd like to give it a shot, but I'm wary of the term 'app'. I'm an old, retired, IT person, and am stuck in the 'PC' era. I have a 'smartphone' thing, but I only use it for replying to bank SMS messages for validating purchases (some new security thing...), and have no clue about 'apps' and stuff. If your 'app' runs on a PC, I'd give it a serious work-out; if it's for iPhones or Android stuff, I can't. Any use to you..? rWNVV2D.gif

Douglas

• Like 1