Neddy

Marshall JTM60 Head

Hi, anyone know much about the marshall jtm60 heads?

As far as I know they were only produced for a year in '96 then were replaced by the jtm600s. Know they have overheating issues because of the tube alignment, but the one I'm looking at had a eletric fan installed. 

Anyone know what the tones like? Similar to a jtm45 sorta thing or completely different? Cheers.

8 hours ago, Neddy said:

Hi, anyone know much about the marshall jtm60 heads?

As far as I know they were only produced for a year in '96 then were replaced by the jtm600s. Know they have overheating issues because of the tube alignment, but the one I'm looking at had a eletric fan installed. 

Anyone know what the tones like? Similar to a jtm45 sorta thing or completely different? Cheers.

Any use..? Marshall JTM60 issues...

Reading through, it sounds like quite a risk, unless you're prepared to put up with problems (usually when you want them least...). As several have mentioned, there are better amps out there. :|

• Thanks 1

I have one of the JTM622 2x12 combo's, bought it back in the late 90's used (i think it's a 1997 model). 

It's been pretty reliable, it was my main amp for about 10 years, mostly playing in church and the occasional gig, lent it to a friend for a series of Blues gigs and it performed very well. I replaced all the valves once and had to re-solder the input jack once.

I did have a few issues with it losing volume and the tech had trouble diagnosing the issue, but i think it was more that the tech wasn't that good. It's currently in the back of the cupboard as i'm not playing guitar much and have bought a little Laney LC15R which is more suited to the type of playing i am doing but i have not intention of selling the JTM as it sounded great, i now know a much better tech so as soon as i have a good reason i'll get it re-commissioned and it will be my main amp again.

the tones were more blues than rock, one tech described it as AC30-esque and raved about it. 

Matt