delitz01

Is this classical or acoustic guitar?

33 minutes ago, delitz01 said:

I'm a beginner and I found this really cheap guitar...

I can see why it was cheap. It's a 'hybrid'; a classical guitar body with a folk guitar head-stock. I bought a similar guitar as my first, in the '60s. It was a pig of a guitar, Russian-made, with a neck bolt through the heel. Steel strings cut my beginner fingers to ribbons; it was like playing a cheese slicer.
The big problem is that it is good for neither steel nor nylon strings, although steel would be better. The tuning mechanics are of a diameter suitable for steel, but not for nylon. Tuners for nylon are of a much wider diameter, as nylon strings need much longer around the barrel; the ones on this guitar won't be able to encompass such windings.
Best advice..? String it with the lightest steel strings you can find, but look around for a better bargain as soon as finances allow, either an all-nylon if you want to learn classical guitar or flamenco, or an all-steel if you prefer folk songs, pop and/or rock. I learned jazz chords on my first guitar, but bought a Hofner President arch-top as soon as I could; my finger-tips thanked me for it.
Hope this helps; subject to completion, correction and/or contradiction from others. B|

• Thanks 1