raven1313

True tone output jacks!!!!!!

I just put a new true tone jack in my Jackson Rhoads and it is like I just upgraded my pick-ups. This is the second Jackson I have installed these jacks into. They really do make a difference. I am so frigging impressed. I was going to install new EMG's in this guitar, but now I'm going to wait and see. That was my problem before, I just felt like there was something missing from my tone, then this morning I put the true tone jack in and bam, I have what I was searching for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was intrigued by the claim to these pure tone jacks so I ordered one, unfortunately I was unable to fit this to my system due to the jack only having a tip and sleeve connection, having dare I say a non conventional wiring setup in my guitar I needed a ring connection too, this would provide a power ground which activates the system when the cable jack is inputted, without that, no sound !

25 minutes ago, Chudallica said:

I was intrigued by the claim to these pure tone jacks so I ordered one, unfortunately I was unable to fit this to my system due to the jack only having a tip and sleeve connection, having dare I say a non conventional wiring setup in my guitar I needed a ring connection too, this would provide a power ground which activates the system when the cable jack is inputted, without that, no sound !

They do make TRS ('Tip, Ring, Sleeve...) versions (Stereo...) for just those cases. I can't see the advantage, myself, but they're not that expensive, either, so...   :|

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

They do make TRS ('Tip, Ring, Sleeve...) versions (Stereo...) for just those cases. I can't see the advantage, myself, but they're not that expensive, either, so...   :|

Cheers for this !

I've just ordered a stereo type jack, review to come !!!!

• Thanks 1

Iv'e just installed the stereo type pure tone jack into my guitar, being an ageing guitarist with constant tinnitus in both ears its hard to say if there's a tonal change or not.

That being said, It probably is better, maybe a little crisper ?? the main thing I guess is that it's no worse !!

Cheers Raven1313 for bring this item to my attention and thanks Dad3353 for pointing out there was a stereo type 'for just those cases' like mine.

Edited by Chudallica
  • Thanks 1