Corndog8119

Anybody know about this guitar

It's a Takeharu MR-302, made in Japan by the Suzuki people, in the Gitane Jazz style, similar to those of Maccaferri and Aria at the time (mid '70s...). Quite well reputed; I've seen them for sale at 300€, 800€ and 1200€, so a wide range of values. It should have a piezo pick-up under the bridge, with an o/p through the lower strap button/jack socket. Not a style that appeals to me, but some folk love 'em, so... Hope this helps. B|

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There’s a big revival in interest in gypsy jazz with loads of bands out there playing it. The style is very percussive and that style of guitar responds well. Yours is classed as a Grande Bouche, describing the sound hole and was favoured by the rhythm players whilst the lead guitarist used the Petit Bouche. Check out John Jorgenson on YouTube who is an excellent proponent of the style which he calls Franco-American Jazz.

Edited by Graham50
Correction

On 14/06/2023 at 07:12, Dad3353 said:

It's a Takeharu MR-302, made in Japan by the Suzuki people, in the Gitane Jazz style, similar to those of Maccaferri and Aria at the time (mid '70s...). Quite well reputed; I've seen them for sale at 300€, 800€ and 1200€, so a wide range of values. It should have a piezo pick-up under the bridge, with an o/p through the lower strap button/jack socket. Not a style that appeals to me, but some folk love 'em, so... Hope this helps. B|

The price goes around a bit.