raven1313

Mod fx in return?

I have been wondering if I could plug my guitar into the input jack of my amp, using the preamp, the boss g1 through the FX return leaving the pre amp off and jut using the other effects in the g1. like delay and reverb. sort of using the Boss g1 as a stomp box chain. My concern is in damaging the amp. Anyone have experience doing this, did your amp blow up?

I'm not sure I've understood correctly. Is this the Boss GT1 guitar fx unit..? If so, you can plug the guitar into the amp, plug the Fx Send into the GT1 i/p, plug the GT1 o/p into Fx Return and you're good to go; no danger to the amp (What amp, by the way..?). Is that what you're wanting to do..? :/

yes, it is the Boss G1. I m using the Peavey 6505. So let me get this right. guitar>input of amp. amp fx send>into Boss G1 input. Boss G1 output into FX send. ?

This would be awesome. What I would like to achieve is having the Boss G1 act like a stomp box chain .I would like to use the pre amp of my Peavey with the other effects only using the power amp. I hope this makes sense. when I run the Boss G1 directly into the amp, I get weird noises from the delay and reverb. Doing it this way, I would hope to have a more true sound, without all that weirdness.

2 hours ago, raven1313 said:

yes, it is the Boss G1. I m using the Peavey 6505. So let me get this right. guitar>input of amp. amp fx send>into Boss G1 input. Boss G1 output into FX send. ?

This would be awesome. What I would like to achieve is having the Boss G1 act like a stomp box chain .I would like to use the pre amp of my Peavey with the other effects only using the power amp. I hope this makes sense. when I run the Boss G1 directly into the amp, I get weird noises from the delay and reverb. Doing it this way, I would hope to have a more true sound, without all that weirdness.

Ah, no; that would be slightly different. (and it's Boss GT-1...). You can bypass the Peavey pre-amp altogether if you plug the guitar into the GT-1 i/p, and the GT-1 o/p into the Fx Return of the Peavey (and so nothing at all into the Peavey guitar i/p socket...) . I'm not sure why you'd be getting 'weird noises' from the usual set-up of guitar, GT-1, Peavey, but... If you say so... Try the method above; no harm can come of it, either to the guitar, the Boss or the Peavey. Hope this helps. B|