EdwardMarlowe

Dusenberg Les Trem II + Harley Benton

I gather that the Dusenberg Les Trem II, an aftermarket trem design that gives a vaguely Bigsbyesque look as a straight swap for an 81.5mm tailpiece, fits exactly onto a Harley Benton HB35. I have my wye on a different HB with a G style bridge and tailpiece... You see where this is going.... Anyone know if all HBs that have this arrangement use the same spec brideges and tailpieces? The guitar I have in mind is only about 130% the price of that trem, but that sort of mod feels much less uneconomical when it's so reversible... 

1 hour ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

...Anyone know if all HBs that have this arrangement use the same spec bridges and tailpieces? ...

Ask Thomann; someone there will measure one up and reply. I had dimensional questions concerning insides of guitar cases; they were only to pleased to get me the answers I needed. (Although vibratos are still the Work of the Devil :|...). B|

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Ask Thomann; someone there will measure one up and reply. I had dimensional questions concerning insides of guitar cases; they were only to pleased to get me the answers I needed. (Although vibratos are still the Work of the Devil :|...). B|

Heh, yeah - I know you're not a fan. :) In this case, I'm sort of eying up one of the HB Jazzmasteralikes; they come as stock with a Gibson style bridge and tailpiece two-piece arrangement. I think the trem piece would give it a much nicer aesthetic flair. The other option, of course, is to ditch that for a one-piece bridge, and find some nice cosmetic studs to screw into the holes for the tailpiece! If it were workable, a pair of dice or something on there could look cool...