Pathor

What guitar is this???

Hi, I'm hoping there are some enthusiasts out there who can help me identify this guitar. 
Manufacturer, model and year. 
Stumbled upon it privately over 35 years ago and couldn't resist it. 
Since then it has mostly hung on the wall. 
It has a nice sound and is good to play on. 
It would be nice to know what it is, and perhaps what it might be worth. 

Hope someone can help me with this mystery. :-)

Unknown_1.jpg

Unknown_2.jpg

It's a copy, I'd say, of the Ibanez Montclair Goldentone, from the early '60s. They had several different headstocks, back then, but it should have the 'Ibanez' logo on there. Here's a 'real' one, very similar...

wmfrNd7.png

Sorry, no idea at all. The '60s was a strange period for lutherie (maybe it was the dope..? ;) ). Everyone tried to come up with something 'modern', using as many gadgets as could be crammed into the slab, and with no idea of what 'ergonomics' meant. Most fell by the wayside; a few became 'collectable', but not many were used seriously in studios by musicians, really. Quirky; if it plays well, consider yourself to be one of the lucky ones and leave it there. Otherwise, be prepared for a long, long trek down many rabbit holes. xD

My money would be on it being something of Japanese origin, predating the boom in Japan becoming a source of sought-after, high quality copies of Western guitars in the mid-late 70s / early eighties. My guess would also be late 60s, and quite probably a legit Ibanez. Market value is probably very low irrespective of its qualities as an instrument (at least until the next Jack White comes along and plays one...), but always nice to have something fun and different around. Could be interesting to try recording with.