Benji003

Has Anyone Tried out this Smartguitar?!

I know big brands like Taylor and Martin have good quality acoustic guitars, but I would also like to try out other brands. 

Recently I’ve purchased this LAVA ME 3 guitar. It’s an acoustic electric guitar with a display on it! So with the display, you can control the build-in effects and loops straight from the guitar. 

It’s an interesting one because I wouldn’t categorise it as a normal acoustic nor an electric guitar. Just sharing my experience of this niche brand. Anyone heard about it and maybe play a Lava guitar? 

This is what it looks like: IMG_7272.HEICIMG_7274.HEICIMG_7275.HEIC

• Like 1

Hmm... I'm not sure that this new member is not a 'bot, simply promoting this product. I looked it up on t'web, and made the mistake of playing the promo video. I learned little except to turn down my speakers as quickly as possible. As for the product: I'm 72, nearly 73, and unlikely to have anything to 'share' with the K-Pop community. It's really, really, not for me. I'm out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Hmm... I'm not sure that this new member is not a 'bot, simply promoting this product. I looked it up on t'web, and made the mistake of playing the promo video. I learned little except to turn down my speakers as quickly as possible. As for the product: I'm 72, nearly 73, and unlikely to have anything to 'share' with the K-Pop community. It's really, really, not for me. I'm out.

I did wonder, with it being a first post. Hopefully, it's not a bot and will contribute, but I'm doubtful. I didn't even click on the attachments and just googled the guitar instead.

On 25/04/2023 at 16:18, Crusoe said:

I can't say I've heard of them. Looks interesting, but how does it sound? It's a bit out of my price range.

I have a Fender stratocaster and a electric-acoustic YAMAHA, so I'm willing to invest a bit more for another guitar. 

Just now, Benji003 said:

I have a Fender stratocaster and a electric-acoustic YAMAHA, so I'm willing to invest a bit more for another guitar. 

It sounds quite crisp, not bad but not enough bass I would say. Not sure it's because of the carbon fiber material or it is a smaller body (i got a 36" one)

On 25/04/2023 at 18:04, Dad3353 said:

Fair enough mate, I got your point. I was quite overwhelmed when I used this system as there was not much instruction for guidance. Took me some times to experiment but I think one of the features: looping directly on the guitar is cool. Overall, I think it has its uniqueness.

But back to your point, it's fair that it's not for everyone. 

On 27/04/2023 at 06:52, Crusoe said:

I went into my local guitar shop, today and they had one of these on the wall! 🤯 I didn't try it, but next time I'm in, I might have a go. I'll ask the staff what they think of it.

Yea sure, let me know what you think if you try it out!

• Like 1

On 25/04/2023 at 18:04, Dad3353 said:

Btw, interesting for the bot thing - I've never purchased a smart guitar before, it's quite a new thing for me. Usually for an normal acoustic, I know what brands and which model is good and there are plenty of reviews you can find online. But with this one, not much. 

So I really wonder if anyone is on the same boat with me 😂