Crusoe

Crazy Train

I've been trying to learn this for about a week and a half. I was having trouble with the little descending run in the chorus, so decided to use the metronome. The song is at 138bpm, so I decided to start at half speed and work my way up. It was going well and I was able to play the piece at almost full speed, but something still didn't seem right. I then realised that the notes I was playing were eighths but I needed to be playing sixteenths 🤣🤦. Oh well, I'll just have to keep working at it.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if you're aware of it, but Guitar Pro 8 is an excellent tool for guitarists, for composing, recording and/or learning. I've just looked up this piece (I'd never heard it before...), and there's a GP version, which I've just run through with Guitar Pro 8. In standard notation and tab, the playback speed can be varied (I just played back the solo at 10%...) without pitch change, repeating any section at will. I've attached the GP3 file I downloaded from t'web; maybe it can help..? Yes, the secret is to do it slowly, in manageable chunks, and, with practise and Patience, it will all come together. That's how Randy Rhoads got to play that way, that's certain. Hope this helps...

Douglas

osbourne_ozzy-crazy_train.gp3

• Thanks 1