Stedders

Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster

I've not had a chance to try one as of yet. The US models are well out of my priceband. The MIM appeals a bit, but they don't do lefties (so far, the only lefty is the US made Tele shaped one). The MIM IMO has one clear winning feature over the US version, which is that it takes a 9V battery instead of an internal cell. This does mean you need to buy a couple of rechargables BUT OTOH, they are switchable so you're only ever the time it takes to switch a battery over before playing resumes, rather than having to charge the guitar. This would matter to me. 

Good rundown on the differences MIA v MIM here: 

https://blog.andertons.co.uk/labs/fender-american-vs-player-acoustasonic-telecaster

Personally, I'd like to see a high end Squier version which was like the MIM without the traditional "electric" pickup. The bigger appeal for me would be its capability as an electro-acoustic; I don't have any use for the "does both acoustic and electric sounds!" option. Can see that being helpful for someone who wanted an all-singing, all-dancing guitar for covers band type work, though. 

I'd love to see a version with a bigsby and the magnetic pickup replaced with the sort of neck pickup you see on a traditional Jazz archtop.... 

Sorry, I know this isn't exactly the sort of answer you were hoping for, but might be of some value if you're looking at whether to buy one...