Skinnyman

Nux pedals?

I was toying with the idea of updating my old Boss RC2. The RC3 would be the next logical upgrade but it’s discontinued and I was baulking a bit at the prospect of spending two hundred pounds on the RC5. 

Then I spotted this…

https://www.nuxefx.com/loop-core-deluxe.html

…which looks like an RC3 clone for about £100. 

Reviews seem generally positive - anyone on here used Nux pedals before?

I own a Nux Deluxe Looper, which  I use as a recording pedal, given its features, etc. but not to get lost in my own thoughts and to answer your question, in my opinion Nux stuff is superb.

The value packed in my Nux pedal still surprises me every time I use it, and it has been a while since I bought it. At that time it was one of the most advanced looper I could find etc. Construction quality and the logic behind the many functions are second to none.

Emerging companies want to build a reputation and usually make good products. I would certainly recommend Nux and buy from them again. Still please be aware that my experience is limited to this one pedal.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I was toying with the idea of updating my old Boss RC2. The RC3 would be the next logical upgrade but it’s discontinued and I was baulking a bit at the prospect of spending two hundred pounds on the RC5. 

Then I spotted this…

https://www.nuxefx.com/loop-core-deluxe.html

…which looks like an RC3 clone for about £100. 

Reviews seem generally positive - anyone on here used Nux pedals before?

Hey, wait a sec! I just took a look at the link in your post and that's exactly my pedal (or maybe a slightly newer, updated version).

Buy with confidence, Pal, this thing is a tank. It also comes with a second pedal that allows you to go through the many tracks using your foot. The second pedal is not necessary to operate the Looper and can serve many functions (I use it to navigate the tracks).

The recording quality is 24 bits, I think the latest Boss Looper is 32 bits, and probably it's the only tangible advantage over the Nux.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankAtari said:

Hey, wait a sec! I just took a look at the link in your post and that's exactly my pedal (or maybe a slightly newer, updated version).

Buy with confidence, Pal, this thing is a tank. It also comes with a second pedal that allows you to go through the many tracks using your foot. The second pedal is not necessary to operate the Looper and can serve many functions (I use it to navigate the tracks).

The recording quality is 24 bits, I think the latest Boss Looper is 32 bits, and probably it's the only tangible advantage over the Nux.

Good to know, thanks. I think Santa may bring me one. 

Their Klon Centaur clone (Horseman?) looks interesting too….

I've not yet tried anything NUx, but I've heard a lot of good buzz about them. 

For a Klon Klone, I have the Mosky Golden Horse minipedal. Paid something around £25 for it a year or two ago, a lot of fun and seems solid, though I don't gig so. They've expanded the line, the Silver Horse is the same minipedal format but has a switch to vary the 'voice', while this bigger option gives a bigger variation again - https://www.moskyaudio.com/product/product-14-436.html At the price they go for (sub £40), worth a shot... 

Santa brought me the Nux looper pedal and I’m very impressed.

So impressed, in fact, that I’ve bought the MG-30 multi-fx unit which is superb. Rock solid build and the tones it offers are excellent. The supplied patches are, as usual (looking at you here, Zoom) a bit too gainy and OTT for practical use but that’s easy enough to dial out 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Santa brought me the Nux looper pedal and I’m very impressed.

So impressed, in fact, that I’ve bought the MG-30 multi-fx unit which is superb. Rock solid build and the tones it offers are excellent. The supplied patches are, as usual (looking at you here, Zoom) a bit too gainy and OTT for practical use but that’s easy enough to dial out 

That's a plus if they can be dialled out... I remember back in the day when most multiFX units were like the Nokia 3210 - forty odd ringtones you were stuck with, mostly crap, and only one slot for your own.... 

• Like 1