Wilksagain

Franz Sandner - Fasan Guitar

I have what has been described by a German Guitar site as a "high end" Franz Sandner Fasan guitar that is in almost original condition (it is missing the pick-guard). It was manufactured in the 1950s and is now more of a Collectors Item than a guitar for playing The owners of the website (German Vintage Guitar) have offered to buy the instrument from me - but I have no idea of its value and their policy is that I must come up with a price - they won't make me an offer.  T'interweb has quite o lot of information on these guitars but I can find no suggestion of price. A picture of the guitar is attached.

IMG_1954.JPG

I have Hofner guitars and basses from about this era (a bit later, really, but...). If the guitar plays well, and has no structural issues, I'd suggest somewhere in the region of 400-500€, maybe a bit more if there's a hard case for it. It certainly looks fine, and would interest a collector, but it's a rather 'niche' market. You might like to consider having it valued by a second reputable dealer..?

14 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I have Hofner guitars and basses from about this era (a bit later, really, but...). If the guitar plays well, and has no structural issues, I'd suggest somewhere in the region of 400-500€, maybe a bit more if there's a hard case for it. It certainly looks fine, and would interest a collector, but it's a rather 'niche' market. You might like to consider having it valued by a second reputable dealer..?

Do you have any dealers in mind Dad 3353 and do you know of any Guitar Collectors' websites? Thanks. Wilks