mrklgn

Martin M36 - value

Hi everyone,

This is my Martin M36, bought from Andertons in 2014. 
It's done its fair share of gigging and, though it's been looked after, has accumulated a few bruises. Nothing too ugly, but it's quite obviously not a new guitar.
The original handle on the case gave up at JFK airport in 2015, so I fashioned one from a bin bag and it's held up ever since... 

I've stopped playing as much and am considering selling. My only concern is I won't see the true value back as it's not in mint condition. I'm not needing to sell financially, it's more I'm struggling to justify owning a beautiful guitar and not really playing. 

Wondering if there would be any interest and what it might be worth?

Tldr; guitar's been around the block and not in mint condition, will I see a fair value if I sell? What might its value be?

Cheers
Mark

https://imgur.com/a/minfx24

From the few ads I can see, and an 'argus' figure for that model, I'd say around the £2000 mark (would be more for a vintage one...). From the photos, it doesn't look to be too 'reliced', so anything less would be more of a bargain for the buyer (assuming, of course, that the 'Martin' sound is there..!). Way out of my reach, and I can't play well enough to justify it (I'm a drummer, so...), but Good Luck with the sale, if you decide to move it on. For my part, I have too much sentimental value invested in my guitars, so they'll never be sold; their monetary value is therefore academic. rWNVV2D.gif