Jag

Ibanez Edge Zero II Tremolo

6 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Very good trems if you're looking for a knife edge design.  I don't have one because I generally go for bearing or cam type designs, they're a little more durable.

Thanks for that, I'll look into those, are there any particular makes of guitar that have these you'd recommend? 

Knife edge? Try here: 
https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Ibanez_Wi

The Ibanez S470 has a ball bearing trem.  That would be my go to choice if your heart is set on Ibanez (and why wouldn't it, they represent fantastic value second hand.)  I use a Yamaha MSG and the trem is a Rockin Magic Pro but I wouldn't recommend it on the grounds its quite stiff and the way in which the anchor bolts fit the base plate is surprisingly sloppy.  I've had to shim mine to get better contact between the base plate and the guitar.

For cam type trems, Kahlers are the only ones out there and they tend to be after market these days.  Small operation so the trems are quite pricey but very few trems allow divebombing with just a finger. 

Also worth considering: The no longer made Wilkinson VS100C/CV.  It's supposed to fit a standard two post (C) or 6 screw (CV) strat routing.  The trem arm locks the base plate in place when not in use, allowing the benefit of a hard tail as well as trem.  I have collected three or four over the years but again, they're not cheap because they're so hard to find.  Trevor Wilkinson's daughter Kate was selling off NOS a few years back though which is where I snagged a couple.  She is currently still listing a retrofit conversion kit on Reverb for the VS100N bridge that would do the same job. 

https://reverb.com/item/35360438-wilkinson-vs100n-cv-assembly-conversion-kit-chrome