Dave123

wiring help

Hi everyone i"m new to this forum and even newer to guitar wiring.Would really appreciate some advice.I have a Westfield E4500 and fitted the new pickups and work fine but think i have an earth problem.Theres a microphonic squeal and 99% sure its not the pickups they are by Vanson and the noise goes when i touch the jack any suggestions? Thanks

/

Sorry, Dave, but your query is a bit vague. I presume that the guitar played correctly with its original pick-ups; is this so..? If so, and without knowing if there's anything special about the Vanson pick-ups, I'd have thought that a wire-for wire swap would give the same result, but with the 'Vanson' sound. What difference is there between the original wiring and what you now have..?
I certainly don't associate a 'microphonic squeal' with earthing issues; that would more likely induce hum. Does this 'squeal' occur at all volume levels, or simply when turned up loud..? When you say the 'noise goes' when you touch the jack, do you mean the barrel of the jack..? By 'noise' do you mean this 'squeal'..? Any chance of a short video demonstrating this issue..?

Apologies for the lack of assistance, but it does sound odd to me, described in your terms. Looking forward to your reply, hopefully shedding some light on the problem. YEY7qB3.png