GuitarsLuthier

Guitar Sound Port Test

I leave you here a video where you can hear what a guitar with a side sound hole sounds like. It is an accessory that is not yet widespread but that I consider to be a great success. 

Whenever I see how someone reacts when they play a guitar with a side soundhole for the first time, I confirm this.

At approximately the 50th second, the mouth on the side opens and you can see the difference. It is always better to listen to it with good speakers or good headphones. I hope you like it.

Emmanuel Carlucci

It's difficult to tell from the video, but it seems to me that the most benefit is for the Player, who hears the guitar better; this is accentuated by the placing of the recording microphone, I think. I'm not sure that there's much impact on the forward-projected sound (ie : for an audience...) or for more 'normal' recordings, placing the mic elsewhere. On the other hand, I see no real downside, either, so... why not..? I would hope that the 'plug' is kept in place by a small magnet or similar, so as not to get lost..? B|